The appearance of 6-pack or washboard abs is something very desirable in society nowadays. However, not everyone has the time for the rigorous workout regimen needed for it. Or some abdominal fat may be so resistant that workout alone isn’t enough. Abdominal etching or high definition liposuction removes excess fat from the abdominal region to reshape the abs and create a more sculpted appearance. We use liposuction to accentuate the rippling effect men desire.
Who is a good candidate for high definition liposuction?
The best candidates for abdominal etching are men in relatively good shape, with mild to moderate amount of abdominal fat. People with large amounts of abdominal fat aren’t suitable for this procedure as it results in an unnatural appearance.
- Abdominal etching is done with a special local tumescent liposuction technique. This is our specialty, it is usually done under general anesthesia
- The procedure removes and sculpts fatty tissue residing under the skin. Before the procedure, detailed markings are made of the patient’s flexed abs.
- During the surgery, small incisions are made within the natural contours of the abdomen. This helps minimize scarring.
- Through these incisions, fat is removed in some areas, thinned in others, and rearranged to accentuate the abdomen (rectus) muscles and the linea alba (the line running down the center of the abdomen).
- The entire procedure is done under local anesthesia. The patient goes home the same day.
- Following surgery, there will be some swelling and bruise in the abdomen.
- A compression garment should be worn for 3-6 weeks.
- Most patients are able to resume a normal work schedule within 1 week and incorporate exercise within 3 weeks.
- The full effect of surgery should be noticed within 6 months. This surgery allows men increased definition of their abdominals.
Dr. Aniketh has trained under Dr. Sanjay Parashar in Dubai and is publishing a paper on aesthetic sub-units of the abdomen.